Monday, May 19, 2008

Kolkata Day 1!

So apparently I am the first one to post on here, and what better time to do it than on our first real day in Kolkata! We arrived here yesterday at around 11am, and unfortunately our bodies felt like it was 10:30pm...a day and a half after our first plane departure. Needless to say it was a battle to stay awake yesterday, but we toughed it out and now we are getting oriented with the city and the Missionary of Charity homes today. Well, I have a ton of other things I could write about, but Russel is urging us to leave so I'm sure we'll make another post soon. Everything is going amazing so far, and God has blessed us with safe travels and comfortable lodging. Keep checking and we'll update again soon!!!
-Jimmy B

(Update)
We just finished up at the Missionaries of Charity for the day and I will be working at the Kalighat home, which is primarily focused on caring for the dying and destitute. This home was Mother Teresa's passion while she worked here, and its premise is to basically take those who are dying off of the streets and care for them. It gives them a place where they can be loved and cared for in the last weeks of thier life. I will be working two shifts, one in the morning and one in the evening. It will be hard work for the next three weeks for everyone on our team, so keep us in your thoughts :)

No comments: